[RTTY] RE: Specimen card

Mobile Workshop mobile.workshop@guernseytelecoms.com
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:20:00 +0100

Hi George, and all,

No, I simply thought it might make it more fun if ANY contacts made on SSB
were put on eQSL, and then had SPECIMEN written across them!
Of course, it may be more fun to change the band/mode/date/time as well,
just to add to any confusion.

And yes, I realise April 1 has now gone, but this thread started well before
then, and should maybe continue after it. It has given me a great amount of
pleasure to read just how bloody-minded and awkward some of us can be! Great
eh?? Just how much more crazy can we get??

After reading about the dummy-load antennas, I wondered if anyone had given
any thought to a HORIZONTAL Titanex for 160m?? Just lay it down the beach,
with its tip in the water. Heck, you could save an enormous amount of weight
by not taking all those guy ropes!

Of course, all this pre-supposes that you will actually get there, and not
have to turn back due to inclement weather, thus putting the trip on hold
for an unspecified time. All donations would be held by AA5AU in a numbered
account somewhere in the Bahamas, until such time as needed.

73 to all, and see you in EA this weekend
Phil GU0SUP

and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the author immediately and delete it, together
with all copies, from your system.  You are unauthorised to
directly, or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy
any part of this message if you are not its intended recipient.
 Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of
Guernsey Telecoms Ltd.

Information held on any of Guernsey Telecoms' computer
systems is the property of Guernsey Telecoms Ltd. Guernsey
Telecoms Ltd reserves the right to monitor and review the
content of all information, messages and attachments sent
to or from this e-mail address.