[RTTY] back to "first RTTY DXpedition", and history

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt@panix.com
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 01:09:17 -0400 (EDT)

I suspect we could fairly definitely answer the frsit question by
reading a bunch of old QSTs, and I may do that when I get back.

But I have another historic query here-
In the June 1978 AMSAT Newsletter, Joe Kasser, G3ZCZ describes a
board, the AR-1, for the S-100 bus that was a RTTY interface with a
ST-5 TU and AK-2 AFSK generator on a card with a 8251 USART.

Did anyone on this list build one of these?  Did anyone on this list
actually do RTTY on an S-100 machine?

This was well after the Homebrew Computer Club was up and running, and
I believe Bob Reiling (W6JHJ?) helped found that club because he
wanted to do RTTY on a computer.

73, doug