[RTTY] Oh My what now setup specs

WI8W wi8w@arrl.net
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 00:16:49 -0000

For those that asked here is my software and radio setups.

I run MMTY just as it comes after trying everything in the book to get the
darn thing to settle down.

The radio is a Yaesu FT-920 with dual crystal filters for SSB (2.1 and 1.8)
and dual filters for CW/Data (400 and 250 hz)  all filters are INRAD and
mounted on switchboards to allow one filter or both cascaded.  The radio is
currently set to AFSK and fed through the data port in the back (not the CAT
port) The narrow flters are able to be switched in to the IF while in data
modes.

I consider the radio pretty tight with the 400/250 filters working together
to control the bandwidth in the IF.  I do not believe the radio is the
reason behind MMTTY's inablility to copy without a lot of garbled characters
no matter how strong the signal.

73

Thom WI8W