[RTTY] Time Solution + 160m activity.

Robert Webb Robert Webb" <g0urr@btopenworld.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:16:57 +0100

Hello all, I had a lot of replies to my question regarding setting the time
zone on my pc. The following was the solution: The time zone should be set
to Casablanca and Monrovia. This will give you GMT but without British
Summertime. One answer was to untick the radar box saying Automaticaly
adjust for daylight saving time. This apparently will not cure the problem.
According to a wise sage (GU0SUP ) who called my mobile within minutes of me
hitting the send button, the pc will not change for summertime, but Writelog
will look at which time zone you claim to be in and then adjust the time all
by itself. Therefore setting for Casablanca Monrovia gets around the
problem. Anyhow i much prefer to think i am in Casablanca than Southern
England !!.
 On the subject of topband activity, i must point out to the reflector
(because it was pointed out to me) that the UK bandplan states that topband
starts at 1.810. I will say no more on that. Therefore i will now  be
calling CQ on 1.840 which is the RSARS designated calling frequency, and
being a member of the RSARS it seemed like a good idea. 73's
Robert Webb
G0URR