[RTTY] SCC WW RTTY MM0BQI SOABLP

Jim Martin Jim Martin" <MM0BQI@theRSGB.net
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:52:50 +0100

Managed a few hours after driving 150 miles to plug a customers terminal
back into the wall socket !
Very enjoyable format with a fair level of activity.  The 250Hz Inrad
filters in the Mk V are amazing and I could easily print two stations who
were almost on top of each other. There were a lot of seriously dubious
signals which wiped out large sections of the band. Is this mostly AFSK
being overdriven or can the same problem come from rigs running barefoot
with FSK ?  My signals sounded okay (running FSK) on the external monitor
receiver but it would be helpful to find a more accurate method of checking
signal quality. ( Comments on my sigs very welcome!)

Band        Qs             Year
40             43             31
20             96             42
15             58             34
10             39             27

Claimed score approx  65000
Club:  GMDX Group
FT1000MP Mk V  40w to 40m dipole at 5m AGL
Software N1MMLogger with MMTTY engine

I am looking for a PK232 or similar to connect to a second rig for SO2R and
to compare the copying abilities of MMTTY and the 232. Something else to add
even more fun and interest to this great hobby
Hope to see you all in the next one ( 23Hz early September?)
Jim
MM0BQI  /  GB5SI

PS: I am outstanding about 40 direct RTTY QSLs which I sent out in the past
months. If you have received one I would appreciate your reply. To the many
who have replied, thank you very much.