[RTTY] QSL Routes for VP8THU/GEO

Kok Chen chen@mac.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:54:16 -0800

In case it is not clear earlier, this is what Trey, LU/N5KO, emailed
to the NCCC reflector:

> By the way, I saw someone ask earlier about the QSL routes -- it's
> VE3XN for VP8THU (Thule Island, SSI) and VE3GCO for VP8GEO (South
> Georgia Island).

For those lucky enough to have worked them (not me on RTTY, I never
even heard them on RTTY) this is from the horse's mouth.

When I worked LU/N5KO during WPX, he told me they had returned through
the Falklands, via Punta Arenas, via Santiago to Buenos Aires.  9V1YC
was supposed to have flown back last night (no more chewing gum, haw),
the Brits flying back on Thursday and Trey is enjoying the summer there
for a few more days.

Logs?  They lost it (just kidding!).

73
Chen, AA6TY