[RTTY] Get those packet spots going!

Raj raj@logicresources.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:48:22 -0700

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:19:38 -0600, AA5AU wrote:

> I noticed W2GG spotted me several times and I appreciate that but he didn't
> work me in the contest!  Unless it was someone in the contest just using that
> call for packet spots - that I don't know.

I noticed that too. I never worked W2GG either. Maybe I'm just miffed
because I wasn't spotted. I formed the opinion that a lot of the spots
posted were for stations that were S&Ping not running the frequency. A
couple of times, that a spot was posted, I whipped over to the
frequency where the guy was supposed to be, only to find someone else
running the frequency. The T88 was spotted on packet, the VP8 wasn't,
I think it's more fun to find them on your own. My overall impression
of packet is that it is a waste of time and screen space, maybe you
guys down south hear more than we do up here.

73
Raj VE6RAJ