[RTTY] Number of Partipants in RTTY Contests

Crawford MacKeand jcbmck@UDel.Edu
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:01:20 -0500 (EST)

When I was fairly active in contests, I rarely submitted a log. I'm not a
competitor at heart, just not my thing, but I did enjoy getting on the
bands and handing out Delaware to the deserving. <grin>

It does sometimes seem that those who are competitive in nature (you know
who you are) have difficulty coming to grips with the idea that another
large group enjoys co-operation more than competition, even if they have
no problem at all with their competition-minded friends. (And we've all
met up with those who deplore contests. That's yet another bunch.)

       73 de Crawford  WA3ZKZ, VP8CMY, ex G4ARR   jcbmck@udel.edu
     "If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts;
         but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall
                  end in certainties."  Francis Bacon