[RTTY] GU0SUP - NAQP result

Phil Cooper Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 12:29:01 +0100

Hi all,

Well, that was a disaster! Someone pinched the propagation just around
bedtime here, so I gave up, and nearly got to bed! I just went into the
shack to shut the PC down, and found that the bands had come back up again,
so I stayed up until about 3am local time.

It was real hard work, especially on 40m at around 0130UTC, but I see that
was grey-line stuff. I did get some of you in the log, thankfully, but by
then 20m was very quiet.
Calling CQ was hard work, as I just wasn't loud enough to get heard that
well in NA, but I did pick up a few.

Still, a couple of highlights for me: finding FO5QG, working 5K0Z and then
TG9KZ. All new ones on 20m for me. Does anyone know what FO5QG counts for??
And where was 5K3W? Was that San Andres, or just HK?

Lowlights:
Usual confusion about who is allowed to work who, but once the flare had
died away, North America was easier. Spending ages trying to explain my call
was GU0 not G0 to one W. Seeing folk work KH6ND on 20m, when I couldn't hear
a thing!

So, here is my pitiful score:
Band     Valid QSOs         multipliers

 80
 40          15                             11
 20          58                            25
 15             2                              1
 10
 TOTAL    75                            37

  75   QSOs    x      37  DXCC Countries =   2775     Claimed Score
Team entry: THE GEE BEES

Ah well, it was fun, and that is what this contest is all about.
73 to all,
Phil GU0SUP