[RTTY] WAEDC RTTY Certificate Received

Jürgen Krumm Jürgen Krumm
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:09:35 -0000

Hi Don & all,

> Received a beautiful certificate today from the Deutscher Amateur
> Radio Club for 2nd Place NA in the 2001 WAEDC RTTY Contest.

Congrats on your great achievements in RTTY contesting.

> Thanks to DARC for the certificate and excellent contest.  It is one
> of my favorites.
> Looking forward to this year's contest now that they have dropped
> the 10 minute rule for Single Ops.

WAE is my top favorite contest and I have already made some
hardware changes towards SO2R as well as strategy considerations
since they changed the rules.  There are also changes in counting
multipliers . Up to ten call areas in W,VE,VK,ZL,ZS,JA,PY,RA8-0
count as a multiplier now.
Question: How can we trigger Wayne, W5XD to implement these
changes into WriteLog?

>Last year I passed 1524 QTC's during last year's contest!

Great number! Must be a secret how to accumulate QTCs.
That is always the weak point in my score. Had 927 QSOs,
598(!) Mult but only 567 QTCs last year. In many years
(since 1969) I never found a way to get rid of all my QTCs.
And I really know how to handle QTCs fast, always
trying hard to motivate my QSO partners.

CU in SARTG contest.
73 de Joe, DJ5JK

e-mail: DJ5JK@gmx.de