[RTTY] GU0SUP in ANARTS

Phil Cooper Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 19:33:54 +0100

Hi all,

Well, the Icom IC756 is installed, and all wired up! And now I have CI-V
control as well, and have also fitted the InRad 400Hz filters!

Oh boy, this combination is really good, and those filters are something
else!
I have also discovered 6m Es for the first time ever! Great fun, but only
one PSK contact so far!
I will have to try some RTTY as well.

So, just to warn you all, I won't be playing on the 8th, as it is the XYL's
birthday, and it wouldn't do to be in the shack on that day!

I will be on from early Sunday morning (about 0500UTC), but please be
patient with me, as I am not quite up to speed with all the knobs and
buttons that the IC756 has!
Perhaps that was why I had an affinity with the FT900 - it was simple!

I have also found I can tune up on 80m with full power, which the FT900
didn't. I guess that is down to FSK as opposed to AFSK! Too much RF
wandering about in the shack!

I am going to use a modest effort in ANARTS to test the set up under contest
conditions, so won't be a big score when I call you!

73 to all, and enjoy ANARTS!
Phil GU0SUP