[RTTY] MMTTY and Net etc

Tom Wylie tom@gm4fdm.com
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:27:36 -0000

Errr - ummmmm - hands up, I confess to be one of the guilty.   I have only
come to MMTTY in the last year and this is the first time i used it in a
contest, but i think I will go back to WF1B, but may use MMTTY as "the
engine".
I usually leave the AFC and NET on when QSOing on MMTTY and I must admit I
didn't give it a second thought until I noticed that i wasn't copying
stations on the same frequency as me or so I thought.   It only dawned on me
after some time that every time I transmitted or went to receive it was me
who kept shifting frequency.  D'oh!

I had foreign visitors over the weekend so could only operate basically
during the morning time tho' I did manage
a short time on Sunday afternoon - mainly to chase BQ9P.
What a nice man!

If I could just figger out how to score my log I might send in an entry
otherwise it will have tio be a check log.  I made 337 Contacts.

Maybe I will get organised for the next big RTTY Contest.
Unfortunately I wont be in CQWW RTTY this year as it falls on the same
weekend as the GM DX Convention.

73 de tom
GM4FDM/VP8SDX
----
(("I love children - but I couldn't eat a whole one!"))
-----
GM DX GROUP - Scotland's DX Association