[RTTY] RTTY operation in ARRL's Field Day exercise?

kk5oq kk5oq@mail.I-55.com
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 05:38:41 -0500

Appears fewer and fewer each year on rtty during fd. Agree with Ty
most
stayed on 20meters even asking stations to qsy to other bands on the
half hour. See complaints posted about rtty in general but do not
see most of the whiner's in contest or on the air for ragchew's.
I dont go out to the Magnolia DX Assoc. FD setup because there is no
dedicated rtty station. That's the club decision and I accept it.
86 ctc's , worked 66 section's. DX down this year also.
Enjoyed it.
73
charles/kk5oq

-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-admin@contesting.com [mailto:rtty-admin@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of k3mm@comcast.net
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 6:29 PM
To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY operation in ARRL's Field Day exercise?

I had the rather distinct displeasure of doing all the digital
operation at
our field day this year.

I was very disappointed in that there was very little RTTY activity
on any
band but 20 meters, yet there was PSK on almost every band and a lot
more of
it!  Come on guys...spread out!

OK, I'm an RTTY snob (SIC)???