[RTTY] 15 MTR 'pulser'

Phil Cooper Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 22:17:36 -0000

Hi Tom and the group,

Well, this pulsing noise has been on 15m for the past few days now, and is
quite strong at times.
It starts well below 21.000, and goes right up to about 21150 and has been
the cause of much discussion on some of the other reflectors.

There are some folk trying to foxhunt it, but I doubt they'll get anything
conclusive.

Concensus says it is some sort of over-the-horizon radar, but I am not sure
at all.

Whatever it is, I hope it goes before the BARTG Contest, and I also hope
that Radio Portugal get the AM transmission on 13.660 sorted as well, or 20m
will be blasted out as it has for a few weekends, particularly on the
Saturday afternoon local time (1400 - 2000UTC).

Let's hope there is some nice DX to work, - possibly V51AS and 3W2LWS, as
well as XU7ABN, all of whom seem to have been very active lately.

73 for now, and enjoy the Sprint contest this weekend - I'll be tucked up in
bed!
Phil GU0SUP