[RTTY] BARTG Spring RTTY DK3VN SOE (LP)

Waldemar DK3VN dk3vn@nexgo.de
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:33:51 +0100

Hi,

my strategy and goals in this contest and why I love Bob, ZL2AMI. ~:)

Although I am not an expert, the category SOE was my choice. Knowing,
that with my setup I can't win this/any contest; this category gives
me the most flexibility, which I need as a typical S&P operator with
some CQ-ing here and there. Because of the scoring system in this
contest, my plan was, not to be very active on the lower bands (80/40);
just to use this bands for a few extra Mults only. In both days
I started approx. one hour before sunrise and finished it, some hours
after the sunset; on the end with an operating time in total of 30h.

Working all six continents (the most important goal in this contest)
is not a big deal, if you know whom and when on which band. But who
knows, if this HAM's will be active in the contest? It's a real pain,
sitting with your small setup in a medium/big pile-up during the day;
just to work the last (#6) continent .. and the time is running.

On Saturday at ~0440z I have entered my shack and was searching for ZL,
long path and bingo: Bob, ZL2AMI was there. THANK YOU Bob! Worked him
as my first contact in this contest; searched the bands for some easy
to work stations, made the contacts and went to bed again for my first
3h rest period, after a few minutes operating time. ~:)

Later on, just a few minutes after my rest period, I was lucky to
work him again on 10m now, plus ZL2BR, VK6GOM and EA8/DJ1OJ, all
more or less in a row .. and had the two "hard to work" continents
in my log.

For this contest my goals where 500+ QSO's and a score of 700k+ .
Made 676 QSO's and a score of 900k; not bad for Little-Waldemar. ~:)

Many thanks to all of you, who copied my weak signal from Delta Lima;
need a tower! ~:)  The community of RTTY contester is growing!
See you in the "EA WW", Apr 06-07, 2002.

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN

PS: Sent my results to the 3830 reflector via e-Mail, but my message
    awaits moderator approval. This important guy must have a big
    stamp, I believe. ~:)   Yes, I know, that I can enter my results
    online, but as an technician, I hate forms. Always you can find
    someone, who can make complicate affairs more complicate. ~:)

Call: DK3VN          -+
Operator(s): DK3VN    +--- what else ..?
Station: DK3VN       -+

Class: SOE = Single Operator Expert All Band (oh boy: I'm an Expert!)
QTH: Scharmede, Germany (tall oak trees are surrounding my home)
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Band    QSOs   Pts  Dist    DX  Cont
------------------------------------
80        36    36     0    18     1