[RTTY] N1NB BARTG Spring SOAB

Steve Holton sholton@optonline.net
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:10:44 -0500

BARTG HF RTTY Contest
N1NB      SINGLE-OP ALL LOW RTTY

   Band   QSO      Area  Cty   Cont
    80M     5       3     2
    40M    24       7    13
    20M    38       6    19
    15M   133      14    41
    10M   129      10    42
  Total   329      40   117    6

Total Score =    309918

Not a lot of time available this year - Didn't start 'til 1505z Sat.
My daughter came over for Dinner Sat evening - hadn't seen her for several
weeks, when I got back on didn't find a lot of activity on 80 and 40 Sat.
evening - so shhh! went and read a good book.

BAnds generally good, but funky at times.

Wasn't able to choose operating times advantageously so was looking for 6th
continent with little success Sunday afternoon 'til VK4UC finally called me
- Thanks John.

Polite contest - saw a lot more calls in exchange, but in this push button
age some funny things happen. A nice Mult called me, sent his short CQ
message as his exchange and was long gone before I could hit the "agn"
button. But then again I put up a spot before realizing that the chap had
called me!!
Second contest with dual receive MMTTY and DXP-38 with writelog. Worked
very well. MMTTY seemed to get strangely confused twice. I xmit FSK on the
DXP38 and use MMTTY only on receive with the DXP38. Twice I noticed that
MMTTY couldn't copy but 10% - it couldn't even copy my audio out which it
sees as well!? Interesting the RTTY contro window for MMTTY, scopr, FFT,
waterfall all looked perfect, but copy in rttyrite window 90% jibberish.
Stopped and started rtty window (MMTTY) on the "second radio" and
everything was OK.

73 Steve N1NB