[RTTY] Problem with Writelog Cabrillo logs for BARTG test

John Barber SKA@bartg.demon.co.uk
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:32:50 +0000

Waldemar DK3VN wrote:

it would be very helpful, if you and all other contest sponsors, who are
  expecting logs in Cabrillo format, would provide some typical Cabrillo
  format headers on your Web Site, or if you want, via the RTTY Contesting
  Reflector! Meanwhile I am getting tiered about the Cabrillo format
  discussions after each contest!
  More and more I have the impression, that many contest support never
  understood the Cabrillo format and the background and goals of it! :-/

  Oh boy, sometimes our life can be very complicated ...  =:-/

Several individuals and commercial software writers have asked about
the format in plenty of time to get things right for the contest. They
have all been given as much advice as possible together with sample files.

Only one individual amateur has got it right first time and for this
reason I always advise the use of known commercial software. This is also
the reason why I am against putting sample files on the web site; I would
rather give direct help to anyone who takes the trouble to ask.

If software is sold which claims to support a particular contest,

it should work correctly. The way to check this is very simple .. the
software company need only send a sample file to the contest manager who
can say if it is correct or incorrect. One e-mail is all it takes. This
has never happened so far!
The Writelog problem is sure to be sorted out, and I am about to purchase
Writelog for my own use. Maybe they will give me a discount if I quietly
convert all the bad logs received and say no more!
Cheers
John GW4SKA

text/html (html body -- converted)
---