[RTTY] Problem with Writelog Cabrillo logs for BARTG test

Waldemar DK3VN dk3vn@nexgo.de
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:42:41 +0100

John and the RTTY Contest community.

Before a contest participant sends his log to the contest organizer,
he must check the log itself. Is the log format right? Does the log
contain all necessary pieces of information? Are all pieces of
information unique? Are the pieces of information complete?  He can
follow this duty only, if he knows the rules and the log format!

That means: Along with the rules a contest organizer should provide
as well the log format spontaneously, unasked and for everybody free
and easy accessible. The description of the entire protocol format
or only the description of the expansions of an otherwise known
protocol format should be complemented around some typical examples.

On the Web Site http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/ the Cabrillo format
is written up very detailed and leaves sufficiently freedom for
expansions, if an contest organizer wants to make use of it.

To refer, more or less exclusive, on the use of commercial software
products only, I do not hold for sufficient. I would not like to be
off-loaded from the responsibility for the complete and right log,
which I am sending to the contest organizer.

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN
--
Check RWRL on  http://www.qsl.net/dk3vn   mailto:dk3vn@darc.de
RWRL Mirror on http://home.arcor.de/waldemar.kebsch