[RTTY] Dayton RTTY Forum set.....

Tom Osborne w7why@harborside.com
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 01:52:28 +0000

Frank J Fallon wrote:

>         I think many of us are at least curious as to what is >involved in setting up a SO2R capable stations.

Hi Frank, et al.

I was wondering if anyone ever did a survey to find which rigs
are most compatible with each other.  I have a Yaseu '840 and
Kenwood '430 and they seem to interfere with each other very
badly.  I don't have the fancy switch boxes, etc, but even when
I'm not transmitting, I notice a lot of interfering white noise
in the rigs.  When I do transmit, there is also lots of
interference even running low power.  I remember one field day we
had 2 TR4C's sitting on the same table one operator didn't even
know the other one was there.  We also had some old Swan's and
boy, they tore everything up!  I would think technology would
have improved a lot since then, but I guess not.  73
Tom W7WHY