[RTTY] Parody Island DXpedition Announcement

Ekki Plicht ekki@plicht.de
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 05:42:54 +0100

Hi Don,
this is exciting,
I would like to apply as SSB operator for your fantastic DXpedition!

My qualifications are:
Due to heavy smoking my voice is croaky and breaks up every two seconds or
so. I speak slow and in a low manner. Due to exceedingly loud music in my
younger years my hearing isn't too good. As a smoker i expect (and
understand) to be put at the most remote, smallest and crummiest station, at
the place with most beetles, mostly dung covered, alone. Due to my bodily
needs (lack of nicotine) I have to take a break every 15 minutes for 5
minutes. Of course I can't operate the radio and smoke at the same time
(which would be easily possible in RTTY or CW).

What do you think? May be I can get my favorite poison (i.e. tobacco)
producer to sponsor this trip!

73,
Ekki, DF4OR