[RTTY] No Digital?

Ekki Plicht ekki@plicht.de
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:48:27 +0100

> The 2002 Mellish Reef team, including myself, are presently
> considering how much time we should spend on RTTY.
> Can we expect to make 4,000 QSO's, or how many?

I'd say 4.000 sounds reasonable. The top stations max out a little below
2.000 now in a 48hr contest. Double that for the non-contesters among
RTTYers, so you're there. Maybe 5.000 all in all.

At a rate of, say 40 Q/hr that'd be 125 hrs for RTTY. Seems impossible for a
dx-pedition which focusses on CW and SSB, that would be half a day each day.
And 40 Q/hr is optimistic.

So better start early in the dxpedition, a few hours each day, distributed
to the main calling areas. Announce those times early, so that everybody can
plan to give it a try.

73,
Ekki, DF4OR

P.S.:
When trying to call up the website, the first thing I see is a message box
saying "You don't use Internet Explorer! Parts of the page might not display
correctly" (or similiar). Why am I not surprised, as a RTTY-DXer?