[RTTY] UBN analysis

K4SB k4sb@mindspring.com
Sat, 11 May 2002 14:25:13 +0000

Ron K5DJ wrote:

>  My understanding of what your supposed to do is copy what is
>  sent. If what is sent is wrong then copy what's wrong. DON'T
>  CHANGE IT to make it right, all the other logs will be wrong
>  also. Just copy what is sent...

I think Ron has hit the nail squarely on the head. And yes, I got
zapped also. But I wonder if the primary problem isn't with the
software checking. After all, assumming the RX9 submitted a log, who
knows what the rules are regarding signing / or operating from another
zone according to his rules. And I find it a little hard to believe he
doesn't know what zone he is in.

As mentioned before, this software checking is, in almost all cases,
flawed. When several hundred people make the same error, I would think
that should be a clue.

73
Ed