[RTTY] ARRL.org Vote - We Need to Become More Pro-active

Arsk0jn@aol.com Arsk0jn@aol.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 09:57:58 EDT

Maybe this isn't shared my the majority on this site but I was disappointed
that RTTY only got 1/5 (19.9%) of the vote while PSK got nearly 1/3 of the
vote. There are many times when I  tune across the RTTY band and find no RTTY
DX activity (or any other kind for that matter). I check the PSK frequencies
and they are full of DX, mostly Europe. I have asked many upcoming operations
for RTTY, like the recent operation to the Vatican, and most reply "no RTTY,
maybe PSK" . K7ASU operated only PSK from Wake Is. just recently. VK9XV &
VK9LO are without RTTY operations. Maybe most RTTY enthusiasts "have them
all" or most of them; so they don't care and just operate contests. I think
we all need to care or we'll continue to become a minority to other forms of
digital communication (except in RTTY contests) especially PSK. I think we
would all regret to see that...I certainly would.
Regards,
Joe, K0JN