[RTTY] AA5AU SARTG Score

Kok Chen chen at mac.com
Tue Aug 19 11:43:08 EDT 2003

Hi Goetz,

I guess there are three things you can do for contests which uses call
areas as mults.

1) make it mandatory to send the call area as a portable if the
contester is out of area.  I have myself always signed portable when I
operated out of my area in a contest that has call areas as mults, but
I guess not everyone does.

2)  include the call area in the exchange.  This way, no one set of
people will be penalized for having to do something extra.

3) threat the callsign like in WPX, and use the call area of the
callsign as a mult rather than geographical location.  Scoring rules
are so arbitrary, what is yet another perversity? :-)

I was so sick of signing AA6TY/7, first in Arizona and later in Oregon,
and often not being correctly acknowledged by the other end during a
contest, that I switched my callsign.  (Also a statement of intent that
I even though I have been in California since 1969, I have no intention
of retiring here :-).

73
Chen, W7AY (W7AY/6 right now :-)