[RTTY] MY CALL/X

Bill Turner wrt at dslextreme.com
Wed Aug 20 09:40:52 EDT 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:59:44 -0500, "Dick White" <ks0m at ktis.net>
wrote:

>No one is forcing anyone to enter a contest. If you don't like the rules and
>cannot abide by them, just don't enter the contest.

If no one ever suggested improvements, we would all be driving Model
T's.  Or riding horses.

>  There in no way that
>sponsors of a contest can  make rules that everyone will like.

True, but I'll bet they try to.

>But, they
>make the rules and you can either join in the fun or stay out. It is your
>choice.

There is a third choice:  suggest improvements.  In any human endeavor
it's a rare thing that's created perfect right from the start.

>I note in the SARTG contest that 61 of my 174 contacts have 2by 3 calls.
>That does not seem to keep such notables as ZL2AMI and others out of the
>contest. I did a lot of CW contests when my call was WB0WLX because I wanted
>to. The 2by3 call was not really a problem.  Shall we drop this thread and
>let the contest sponsors do their thing ?

The thread will drop when people have finished talking it out, not
before.

>If the contest has merit, it will
>survive and those who enter will have all the fun.

No argument there.

--
73, Bill W7TI