[RTTY] SCC RTTY AA5AU SOAB HP

Bill Turner wrt at dslextreme.com
Sun Aug 31 09:55:40 EDT 2003

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 10:12:03 -0500, "Don Hill AA5AU"
<aa5au at bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Two recommendations for the SCC to improve this contest - drop the band change
>rule for single ops and allow the use of the packetcluster.

How about creating a single-op assisted category?  I never use packet
spots because I like contesting entirely on my own, but it's not fair
to compete against assisted stations.  That would allow guys like me
to do WRTC-style bare bones contesting, which I greatly admire.  I
guess I sound like an old fogey here, but to me, contesting should
either be one guy against the world, or a bunch of guys working
together like in a club situation.  Having one guy with packet
assistance somehow violates my sense of what it's all about.  :-)

I realize opinions differ, but wouldn't that be better?

--
Bill, W7TI