[RTTY] re: RTTY capable amp

K4SB k4sb at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 30 16:51:52 EST 2003

f6irf at free.fr wrote:

> The main problem with 811 PA's (and also with most 3-500z commercial
> constructions) is that the cooling is just done by natural convection (just
> with the help of a little blower) so all components are working at high
> temperature after a while.
Is it just faulty memory or did not Svetlana come out with a "beefed"
up version of the 811A?

Also, and I'm trying to remember the 2 811A amp I home brewed
thousands of years ago, but I seem to remember some "tech advice" from
somewhere that said to pay special attention
to the resister/coil used to feed the HV to the amp. Something about a
spurious emission?

73
Ed