[RTTY] RTTY Capable Amp

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 30 18:37:34 EST 2003

I'm with Dave & Marty.  I own two AL-80B amplifiers and run both of them on
120VAC with 500 watts.  I always try to keep my grid at 100 ma or less.  I have
cranked them to 700 watts a couple of times during pileups but not often.  I'm
happy to say I've not had any failures with them so far.  The price is right on
this amp.

One day I will run 220VAC into the shack to power these amps but I've not had
reason to so far.

73, Don