[RTTY] N3SL SOAB LP

N3SL at aol.com N3SL at aol.com
Sun Feb 9 18:07:41 EST 2003

                    CQ/RJ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: N3SL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IA
Operating Time (hrs): 18 (appx)

   80:    13        28     2
   40:    55      174    34
   20:  169      252    78
   15:   227     501   137
   10:    51      131    35
-----------------------------------
Total:  515    1086   286

Claimed Score = 310,596

This was a casual effort, at best.  In Iowa, I found conditions to be pretty
poor, and running 150 watts was painful.  I had no "fighting power" on 10
meters, and left many a pile up in disgust.  No JA opening materialized.  The
low bands were empty.  All-in-all, not very exciting.  Just glad I was not in
it seriously!

Quite a contrast in operating techniques of entrants when compared to the
Round Up.  Many in this contest need more in the way of "preparation" before
getting on the air....