[RTTY] K4GMH SOABHP

Mike nasfred at 1bigred.com
Sun Feb 9 18:14:20 EST 2003

CALL: K4GMH     LOCATION: USA
CLASS: Single Operator, High Power, Single Transmitter, All bands

Band  	QSOs  QSO points  Prefixes Score:
80m:   	151 	526   	69
40m:  	372 	1664  	187
20m:  	275 	500   	51
15m:  	375 	935   	72
10m:  	330 	906  		123
Totals: 	1503  4531 		502
Total: 2274562

Rest periods 0913z-1314Z (4 hrs); 0109z-1312z (12 hrs)

Station Description: IC-746, 4C1600B (homemade) amp. 1200 W
Antenna(s): TH7DX @ 125 ft, TH6DXX @ 65 ft (fixed on Europe);
		S402 @ 135 ft; 80 mtr array - 3 vertical dipoles;
		Northeast and West Beverage antennas
Remarks: Thanks to the sponsors of the Contest and all the folks who work
to make it happen and then have to do all the scoring of the logs.
Thanks to all who were kind enough to give me a call or answer mine.  Also,
thanks to Don, AA5AU, who pointed out I was inverted on transmit early in
the contest.  Took me over 10 minutes to get all things working correct.
Had to close Writelog and RITTY.  Open WL-RITTY and check.  Then reopen
Writelog.  That sounds simple, but that was what I had to do after trying
to get things back to normal without closing Writelog and opening WL-RITTY.
The upper HF bands were okay throughout the contest - even 10 meters was
open - considering the sunspot numbers are starting a fast downward trend.
However, 10, 15 and 20 meters were not open as long as last year.
Last year started out on 10 meters at 0700z and then went to 15 meters
followed by 40 and 80.  This year, several days prior to this year's
contest, the upper HF bands had been closing early.  Didn't consider
starting on the upper HF bands at the start this year.
Activity on 40 and 80 meters eemed to be higher compared to last year. On
40 meters between 0500z and 0800z on 8 Feb., the band seemed to be open
world wide with a lot of stations.  Great fun!
This year's raw score is better than last year's score.  Surprised,
considering 10 and 15 meters closing earlier than last year.  Now if
Cabrillo will be kind.....

	73,
	Mike, K4GMH