[RTTY] RE: The 599 001 001

Phil Cooper Phil.Cooper at cwgg.cwplc.com
Mon Feb 10 16:08:55 EST 2003

Hi all,

Yes, Dez got it! I should have made that a bit clearer!
Getting 001 isn't a problem, but no callsigns IS.

At one point, I had two stations call me, and they ended up working each
other, and not me.
I don't mind, neither went into my log, as they didn't stay long enough to
clarify the point, and it will be their loss.

The situation went something like:

CQ DE GU0SUP CQ
DE XX1XX XX1XX de ZZ2ZZ ZZ2ZZ.
I sent XX1XX TU 599 123 123 123 QSL? DE GU0SUP
And then saw QSL? DE ZZ2ZZ
Whereupon the next text across the screen was GU0SUP TNX (017) DE XX1XX
which was NOT what I had sent him!

And watching two stations who obviously had AFC and also NET on was quite
amusing!

73 all de Phil GU0SUP

and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the author immediately and delete it, together
with all copies, from your system.  You are unauthorised to
directly, or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy
any part of this message if you are not its intended recipient.
 Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of
Cable and Wireless Guernsey.

Information held on any of Cable and Wireless Guernseys'
computer systems is the property of Cable and Wireless Guernsey.
Cable and Wireless Guernsey reserves the right to monitor
and review the content of all information, messages and
attachments sent to or from this e-mail address.