[RTTY] WPX test

Dick White ks0m at ktis.net
Mon Feb 10 17:04:11 EST 2003

I made 85 more contacts than last year and had a lot of fun. I was
disappointed in the number of prefixes worked. My 50 watts only brought in 4
calls when I CQ'd. So, it was S&P for me. Never heard a ZL or VK. Just a few
JA's and even Europe was not too great. I had set up all my buffers prior to
the contest. About and hour into it, some kind call informed me that the
rules required sending the RST. He was very nice about it, really.  I
thought there was something wrong with his reception as I had the buffers
set up correct. Didn't  I ???   I checked my buffers and "Murphy" had been
there. He was correct. I had left out the RST. Dumb thing to do, but it
happened. Fixed that and went on from there. I figgured that those I had
worked gave me a 599 anyway. Everyone is 599 in a contest I believe. Will
try to be in the next one.

73....Dick  KS0M

    Call used: KS0M
    Location:  MO