[RTTY] Logic?

Jon Harder jon at praxisworks.org
Tue Feb 11 12:40:39 EST 2003

> What is the logic behind sending
>
> QQ1Q 599 - 021 - 021 DE Q92X

I interpreted Bob's question as relating to the exchange, and not to abuses
on the the initial call.  Assuming it was the former, I'll offer this
comment.  Although it has been discussed many times in the past,  there are
a couple of excellent reasons for constructing the exchange in the way Bob's
post seems to imply.

Putting your own call at the very end permits the other station to make a
last minute call correction before reply or logging -- needed more often
than many suppose -- and lets others listening on the freq see if they want
to hang around for a new one or move on.  (Also meets any regulatory
requirement for ID at end of transmission.) .

                    XR0X 599 234 234 K1US

One all-purpose exchange buffer which works in either CQing or S&P maks life
a lot simpler.   That's my logic anyway.  Your mileage may vary.

73,

Jon         K1US