[RTTY] Logic?

Bill Turner w7ti at dslextreme.com
Tue Feb 11 06:49:48 EST 2003

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:40:39 -0000, Jon Harder wrote:

>XR0X 599 234 234 K1US
>
>One all-purpose exchange buffer which works in either CQing or S&P maks life
>a lot simpler.   That's my logic anyway.  Your mileage may vary.

There is - or should be - a difference between a CQ exchange and an S&P
exchange.  The S&P exchange should contain "QSL" or "TU" to acknowledge
receipt of his exchange.  When you're CQing your exchange comes before
his so you can't acknowledge his exchange just yet.

This is especially important when you're CQing and the other guy calls
you *and* includes his exchange at the same time.  If your response
includes "QSL", he's likely to take off whether you actually copied his
exchange or not.

A rather arcane point, but it might cost you a Q sometime.

Bill, W7TI