[RTTY] WI0WA WPX RTTY

Larry L Lindblom llindblom at juno.com
Thu Feb 13 00:03:53 EST 2003

To my aging memory a few years back the portable designator was mandatory
in WPX CW & SSB, if you were operating in a different call area than the
one in your call.  I jumped to an invalid conclusion from that.

However, the rules confuse me a little and say  "United States portable
stations are not permitted to select a portable prefix designation. For
example, WS7I/2 is permitted, but WS7I/WY2 or WS7I/KZ2 is not."  So maybe
the issue becomes is KK1KK in 0 land a portable station by the rules and
should he sign KK1KK/0 or is that just his option?

Oh well, this is only radio contesting, and not a life or death issue.
As someone who has been through a stroke and Leukemia, I can guarantee
you that is true.

73 W0ETC/WI0WA