[RTTY] CO8ZZ

DieselCar@aol.com DieselCar@aol.com
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 16:24:30 EST

<< can anyone tell me what CO8ZZ is sending in the Roundup? PIT, PIT, PIY,
PII??? What is all that stuff???
 Thanks, 73,

 Gert

Hi Gert,

As you may know, RTTY is only send in uppercase only due to the limitation of
the Baudot Code.  When the receiving station does not detect a FIGS COMMAND
(to send numbers), then one gets PIT instead of 085 , PIY instead of 086 or
PII instead of 088 . Most RTTY'ers know how to translate such letters. If one
is not sure then one shud take a look at the top letter row on the keyboard.
You can see that UE is 73 when the FIGS COMMAND is not received.  This is my
take. However, those who understand the Baudot Code may give you a better
view.

See ya.
  Rick W4UEF