[RTTY] ARRL RTTY -RU 2003 - A45WD SO-AB-LP

a45wd@emailacc.com a45wd@emailacc.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:18:59 -0000 (GMT)

Hi,
First of all I would like to thank everybody who called me. Was a nice
contest, not only because of the good propagation, but also because so many
of you joined the contest. Running Low Power (100 w) I had to do a lot of
S&P, so I realize that many stations, especially from USA, missed the A4
multiplier. I agree that the propagation was excellent on 15 m and 40 m (at
least for Middle East to Europe), where I had good runs. Unfortunately
during day time I was busy with my duty, so I was QRV for short intervals
of 15-20 minutes only. Reading the comments about the good conditions on 80
m, I regret that I did not install any antenna for this band... But I shall
have it ready for BARTG.
The big plus for me was the Mosley tribander beam, that made the
difference. This was the first contest I used it and in spite that is at
8.5 m height only, it is doing the right job.
Special remarks:
- QSO'd AA5AU on 20 m only!! (how is that possible Don?)
- Big signal on all bands and great operators at VP5NN..
- Worked 6 or 7 JA's only... I know this was not JARTS, but were they QRV
or it was just the propagation ?
- WW7OR with 59+ on 40 m via LP.

That's all, see you in BARTG..
73!