[RTTY] mid week contests

FireBrick FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 07:37:13 -0600

I do not participate in midweek contest for a couple of reason.

My wife is EXTREMELY considerate in scheduling around the major contests.

1. Taking part in midweek contests, even short duration, create conflicts
with other events/duties.

2. I'm sure you have heard non contest people bemoan all the weekend
activity. Even with WARC bands and alternate modes for these people, midweek
contests do pose potential hard feelings.

3. I presently take my wife to the airport on Friday afternoons, send her
for the weekend to a major shopping mall such as Mall of America, The
Edmonton Mall, and pick her up Sunday evenings after the contests. Having to
send her for midweek shopping trips could seriously dent my pension.

I Only Drink Beer on Days That End In "Y"

W9OL, Bill H. in Chicagoland