[RTTY] BARTG Sprint contest .. reminder and software update

John Barber SKA@bartg.demon.co.uk
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:53:33 +0000

Thanks to everyone who commented on RTTY software and Cabrillo logging
for the BARTG Sprint.

Several individuals and software authors (or their close associates)
sent logs to be checked. Writelog and RCKRtty logs were fine, MixW and
RTCL logs were not (but see below).  The only other log checked that was
no good came from N1MM Logger V1.1.375, but this may be an old
version.The list of contest software known to work for our contest now
looks like this:

Writelog
RCKRtty
MixW
RTCL
Logs converted with WT4I Cabrillo tools

Please note that MixW and RTCL have been changed in the past week and
you will need to get the very latest version. The cooperation shown and
speed with which the necessary changes were made was impressive .. many
thanks to Maza JA1BHK for the liaison/translation and to Nick UT2UZ for
his help.

There probably are other programs that will work fine but the only sure
way to check is to run them through WT4I tools.

The bands have been a bit rough lately so a change is due! I hope to see
you all on the screen at the weekend and don't forget to send those logs
in after the test, even if you only made a few contacts.

Good luck,

John GW4SKA
BARTG Contest Manager

BTW if you see me mess up an exchange or hit the wrong key please
forgive me .. the operator and the new software work fine, but their
understanding of each other is lousy!!