[RTTY] Club Competition in 2004 RTTY Roundup

Bill Turner w7ti at dslextreme.com
Fri Jan 24 07:46:07 EST 2003

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 07:17:57 -0600, Tom Moore wrote:

>So as I see it, while there  appears to be a majority
>of rtty contesters who agree that SO2R should be a separate category,
>no one has stepped forward to organize an effort to present a clear and
>convinceable case to contest organizers proving their rules are grossly
>unfair to the average SO1R contest participant.  Until that happens, I
>doubt we'll ever see any change..

I'm in the process of writing a letter to QST, hoping for publication in
the OP-ED section on this subject.

I'd like to see a fundamental change in contest categories, not just a
separate SO1R category.  I realize my letter will have little chance of
getting published, let alone being adopted, but I'm giving it a try
anyway.

Stay tuned.

73, Bill W7TI