[RTTY] K4GMH SOABHPE

Mike nasfred at 1bigred.com
Tue Jan 28 18:04:05 EST 2003

2003
-+- BARTG RTTY SPRINT -+-
Sponsored by British Amateur Radio Teledata Group.

CALL: K4GMH
Multi-Op. Single Transmitter (All band only)
Single Op expert

 	 	QSOs
80m: 		133
40m:		133
20m:		113
15m:		161
10m:		53
Total:	593
Continents:			6
Call Areas:			19
DXCC:				51
Total multipliers:	70
Score:		249060
Station Description: IC-746, 4CX1600B amp. (homemade) 1200 Watts
Antenna(s): TH7DX @ 125 ft; TH6DXX @65 ft (fixed on Europe); S402 @ 135 ft;
	      3 vertical dipole array for 80 meters (NE & W Beverages for Rx)
Remarks: Thanks to the folks at BARTG for putting on the RTTY Sprint.  Nice
contest - like the efficient exchange.  Also, thanks to all who were kind
enough to answer my call.

Highlight had to be working Alex, A45WD, on 80 meters.  Thanks for coming
down (or up) to 80 meters.

It's amazing how I have to keep learning the same lesson over and over; in
this case it is watch what you eat the day before a contest.  I must have
eatten some tainted food, because six hours before the contest started, I
was in bad shape.  At that point I wasn't thinking about the contest only
getting the stuff out of my stomach - which did happen!  My contest
committment definitely became secondary.  Still, in spite of poisoning
myself the day before, the contest was a lot of fun.

Conditions are definitely starting to show the downward solar activity.
Ten meters did have some activity between the USA and Europe and Asia.
However, did not think the RTTY folks tried to get as much out of the band
as they could.
Fifteen and twenty meters were good while they were open.  Unfortunately,
they closed a lot earlier than we have become accoustom to.  Forty and
eighty meters were fun with the added activity due to the higher frequency
bands shutting down.

C'ya in the next one.

	73,
	Mike, K4GMH