[RTTY] 20 meters open

Dick White ks0m at ktis.net
Fri Jun 6 09:36:45 EDT 2003

Much has been said about the lack of RTTY signals on the bands. Yesterday ,5
June, from 2100z on I had QSO's with OM9AJP,  9A0PAX,  PT7AZ,  SV1FJA and
RV3WT.  I copied print on several W4 calls, K6SAD,  EW3BF,  UR5WCQ, W0YR/4
and HR1RMG. There were other W calls that I did not write down.

The past two weeks propagation has not been good. But, the bands do open up
from time to time and we need to be there when it happens. If  Jim, AB0UK,
is looking for someone to work, he will find Ken, K6SAD on 20 meters almost
every day calling CQ. Ken is sure doing his part to keep the RTTY bands
active. Also Jim, get busy and make some QSO's. If you make mistakes the
RTTY guys will help you through the learning curve. There are many very
knowledgeable people in the RTTY group who are very willing to help. I know
as I was there about five years ago.

Hope propagation is good for the ANARTS. See all of you there.

73....Dick  /  KS0M

Richard C. "Dick" White         ks0m at ktis.net
Fulton,  MO. 65251

Amateur Radio Station - KS0M   (ex WB0WLX / KC0MY )
ARRL  Honor Roll / CW  -  5BDXCC / CW  #3295
Life Member American Radio Relay League