[RTTY] Printing problems with rttycontesting.com

Charles Morrison cfmorris at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 11 02:18:17 EDT 2003

Date:	Mon, 09 Jun 2003 15:45:30 -0400
From:	Phil Florig <W9IXX at arrl.net>
To:	rtty at contesting.com
Subject:	[RTTY] Printing from rttycontesting.com website?
Message-ID:	<5.2.0.9.2.20030609153556.00ac78c0 at pop.mindspring.com>
Content-Type:	text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; format=flowed
MIME-Version:	1.0
Precedence:	list
Message:	1

Hi all,

Just purchased the WriteLog program and downloaded the MMTTY program.
Have applied for Writelog reflector but not on yet.
Went to the subject website of Don's (?) and can't seem to print the info
correctly.  Is there something I have to do to print it right?  Have
Netscape 7.02 and Opera.  Noticed also some overlapping of letters at the
bottom of the page also.
Going to try to start doing RTTY more actively. (Not to worry as I won't be
any real competition.  HI..)  Want to try getting this all working for the
upcoming ANARTS contest.
Appreciate any comments and/or help.   TIA
73    Phil

Phil,

I've found at least in Explorer, that certain web pages don't scale
particular fonts well.  Regardless of size settings inside Explorer, I
couldn't get Don's page to view correctly either, with letters running over
and on top of each other as well.  The secret was to get a good scalable
font as your default system font.  I've found that Times New Roman works
fine.. if I have the font set to anything else, Don's page does the same for
me.

Now of course this doesn't solve the printing issue, but it does display
correctly.

Charlie
KI5XP