[RTTY] RTTY during Field Day

no2t no2t at arrl.net
Mon Jun 16 23:51:21 EDT 2003

Hi all

	In general running a special station for RTTY is not effective. It QRM's
both the CW and phone stations.

	What we do is to run RTTY from the CW station for about 10 minutes on the
hour, then back to CW. You can clean the band quite quickly. This minimizes
the QRM for the phone station and does not cause you to move to a higher
class.

	On the other hand a dedicated PSK station might have utility. Especially
if the PSK station runs low power. Though the CW station will most likely
overload the front end of the PSK station!!

	We in NNJ may try PSK on 20 meters on the half hour Sunday morning.

	Hope to work you all for my Club(20 CW and RTTY). Will be using the call:
N2SE and 12A NNJ.

			Be looking for all my friends 73 de Jerry NO2T