[RTTY] DL6JZ: ANARTS 2003

Dr. Wolf-E. Gruening dl6jz at t-online.de
Tue Jun 17 22:55:00 EDT 2003

Hello group,

good propagations on saturday and lousy ones on sunday combined with a
medium scale participation were the basics of an interesting weekend. On
saturday morning, 6 hours after the start, I hoped to get about 11 or 12
million points. 24 hours later I didn't believe to reach my result of the
last year of 8.6 million points. Here are the results:

-+- ANARTS RTTY CONTEST 2003 -+-
Sponsored by Australian National Amateur Radio Teleprinter Society.

CALL: DL6JZ                                                       Country:
DL

Single OP., All Band

      QSOs Points    DX  Call Areas
80m:    49    198    23        1
40m:    99    661    33        5
20m:   336   4292    56       25
15m:   125   1927    41       16
10m:     9    147     6        1
Total: 618   7225   159       48
Continents:  6
Total multipliers:   207
VK bonus points:    1700
Score:           8975150
Station Description: FT-1000MP + h.m. PA (400 watts)
Antenna(s):          3 ele Tribander/dipole
Operators:           DL6JZ
Remarks:             I like this contest very much. One of the reasons is
that
                     there are no restrictions for the break times. But I
believe
                     it could be a good idea to add the following passage to
the
                     rules: Every working period must be at least one hour
long.

The following advantages allowed me to reach my number of points of the last
year:

- better receiving capabilities (MMTTY vs. KAM)
- better radio (FT-1000MP vs. TS-570)
- more comfortable software (WriteLog vs. WF1B)

Highlights: AH8LG as a for ever new one, FO5PS and TI4DJ were new ones in
RTTY.

Lowlight: Very poor or no real openings to W and JA on 15 mtrs. The activity
on 80 mtrs was lower then the conds on this band!

There was a broad discussion about the using of the real call area number or
U.S. stations in this contest. From my point of view as a European the rank
order  for answering this question should b:

1. ham spirit
2. ham spirit
3. ham spirit
4. contest rules (are the call areas mults or the DXCC countries only?)
.
.
.
999. FCC rules, which do not request but allow the using of portable call
area designator.

>From the point of view of the other contest competitors it would be the same
to sign as K4ABC, who is situated in W6 (and not K4ABC/6) as GU0SUP would
sign as G0SUP! (sri Phil)

So thanks to all participants and hope to meet you in DL-RTTY-contest in
July.

73 + 55
Wolf, DL6JZ