[RTTY] ANARTS - ZL2BR

Frank ZL2BR ditdah at infogen.net.nz
Fri Jun 20 21:39:43 EDT 2003

Kia ora,
Another challenging contest, this is what I ended up with:

Band      qso     points      mults

3.5         2          34            1
7            44        1512        32
14          188      7480        64
21          85        2885        37
28          3          65            3
Totals    322       11936     137

Continents - 5
VK bonus points - 4300
Claimed Score - 8,207,860

Highs, lows and other things:
NA 20m/15m better than last year. 10m great signal from
W2NDP...but no other NA copied – hard to figure out.
All EU zones 14/15/16 contacts down on last year. JA contacts –
twice last years total.

Still too many stations with big mouths and small ears around,
strange how the same old stations, a lot of them running low power
and modest antenna set-ups come back top me after my first call,
but some strong signal S7/9 stations can never seem to copy me
no matter many times I call. Seems to be the same ones every
contest.

VK bonus points – best ever, more VK’s active. 5-bander with
KH6ND again. Number of contacts and multipliers up on last year,
contact points down a bit.

Missed out on an African contact – path did not open – haven’t
heard the ZS6DN beacon for some months now. Kept a close
watch on the packet spots, but when CN8LI was spotted the freqs
were empty here. Pity that EC8AUZ cannot operate on 20m.
Overall very enjoyable – thanks to Colin and ANARTS for organsing
a contest that evens things up a bit, and to everyone else for the
contacts.

And now for your amusement, some trivia:
I got to thinking, wonder how many times in 29 hours I called CQ –
so I converted the MMTTY receive window text file to Excel file, did
a sort, and this is the result:

CQ calls - 2265
de ZL2BR calls – 774

I reckon my 322 contacts were about 50-50 running/s&p modes,
which means that it took 13.89 CQ calls to get a reply or 4.75 calls
to someone else to get a contact. Taking into account the time to
send exchanges, repeats etc my total transmit time came to
around 7 hours out of 29 hours operating. Obviously I need to do
more transmitting in future contests, and less time listening!

73, Frank ZL2BR