[RTTY] KAM not recognized by WriteLog

Rfmandmpm at aol.com Rfmandmpm at aol.com
Fri Mar 7 03:10:08 EST 2003

I installed a new hard drive in my computer and reloaded WriteLog from
scratch. I upgraded to ver. 1039 and 1040 for the NA Sprint, but now the KAM
Plus is not recognised. I get a window that states 'Rttyrite failed to put
the KAM in host mode...' Turning it OFF and ON does not correct my problem.
The soundcard operations AFSK, FSK and MMTTY work fine.

I configured the TNC port to com 3, High Tones, FSK Polarity A and the
FT-1000MP to com 2. My modem is on com 1 and my amplifier is on com 4. I have
tried both Windows 98 SE and Windows ME.

The KAM Plus still transmits and receives correctly with the WF1B RTTY
program and with HM2PLUS which are both DOS based programs. I do not have
another Windows based program for comparison.

Could it be something simple like a missing a .dll file? Can anyone help me
to get my KAM Plus TNC working again?

Thanks   Bob   VE6YR