[RTTY] KAM not recognized by WriteLog

K4SB k4sb at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 7 14:30:48 EST 2003

Rfmandmpm at aol.com wrote:

> I installed a new hard drive in my computer and reloaded WriteLog from
> scratch. I upgraded to ver. 1039 and 1040 for the NA Sprint, but now the KAM
> Plus is not recognised. I get a window that states 'Rttyrite failed to put
> the KAM in host mode...

Think you accurately described the solution.):> Normal mode for
packet, ect is COMMAND mode. Your manual describes how to shift it to
HOST mode. Be sure to PERM it. And as far as I know, the only way to
get out of HOST is to take the KAM board out, move a jumper, turn on
the power, turn off the power, move the jumper, and put the sucker
together again.

The basic difference between COMMAND mode and HOST is that in COMMAND,
the TNC does all the necessary decoding and of course, then sends it
to a dumb terminal. In HOST mode,
the TNC passes everything to the computer without any decoding. I am a
little surprised that Rttyrite would not use the COMMAND mode...just
more encoding for the program.

Hope this helps

73
Ed