[RTTY] KAM not recognized by WriteLog

Bill Turner w7ti at dslextreme.com
Fri Mar 7 06:59:29 EST 2003

On Fri, 07 Mar 2003 14:30:48 +0000, K4SB wrote:

>And as far as I know, the only way to
>get out of HOST is to take the KAM board out, move a jumper, turn on
>the power, turn off the power, move the jumper, and put the sucker
>together again.

There is an easier way to get out of host mode if you have software such
as HostMaster.  One of the options using HostMaster is to return to
command mode on exit.  The only reason to leave the KAM in host mode is
if you are *sure* you will be using host mode the next time.

I fought this with my KAM for quite a while before I figured out what
was happening.  After that, I just set it to return to command mode
every time and that way, you could start it up with any program, not
just HostMaster.  It takes a few extra seconds to put it back in host
mode, but the small amount of time far outweighs the frustration.

Hope this helps.

Bill, W7TI