[RTTY] Operating PSK-31 from DX locations

Alan KI7WO ki7wo at juno.com
Sun Mar 23 22:38:06 EST 2003

Hi Guys,

Some very interesting comments about operating PSK from DX locations.  I
also am hopeful that the word will eventually reach all concerned.

I had the opportunity to operate PSK from TI9M Cocos Island and THE ONLY
WAY to operate PSK from a DX location is to use a program that allows two
channel operation, "Split" if you will.  DigiPan is the one I used.

Using the dual channel "Listening UP" technique enables the DX station
not only to monitor their own transmit frequency but also to select from
the many who are calling the DX above the DX's  TX frequency.

This keeps the DX station from being tied up until the brag file ends.
Those who continue to send "Brag Files" will find shortly that when they
end TX that there is no one listening after they have been put in the
log.

My two cents worth.

Alan  KI7WO at JUNO.COM